Winter 2013 Faculty Information Packet:
Click here for our Spring/Summer 2013 Faculty Information Packet, which covers everything you need to know about teaching at the Oakland Center.
Things to do before the semester begins:
- Apply for Access Card Authorization for Faculty/Staff Parking Lot
- Complete the Access Card Authorization form and submit to Oakland Center main office.
- If you do not already have a 4-digit swipe code, visit WSU Public Safety have your OneCard encoded.
- Once these two steps have been completed, you will be able to enter west door from the Staff/Faculty Lot during normal operating hours.
- Order audio/visual equipment at http://www.lib.wayne.edu/services/classroom/.
- Request Specialized Software by calling Associate Director Kelly Dillaha at (248) 553-3545.
- Arrange for a tour of the building by calling us at (248) 553-3545.
Faculty Offices, Work Room and Lounge:
Faculty offices are available for you to use while you are teaching at the Oakland Center. Each office is equipped with a computer and phone.
Printers and copiers are available in the Faculty Work Room, located across the hall from the Administrative Offices. You will need a code to use the printer and copiers. Please see an administrative staff member for assistance.
The faculty lounge, equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, sink and dining area, is located in Room 181.
Mail and Message Center:
The faculty mail and message center is located in the Adminstrative Office, Room 102. All mail, messages, student papers, memorandums, notices and other materials for distribution will be placed in your folder.
Cancelling Classes Due to Illness or Emergency:
In the event that you need to cancel class due to illness, please contact the Oakland Center Administrative Office as soon as possible. We will post a notice for your students on your classroom door. We also ask that you send a notice to your students via Pipeline and contact your academic department.
Snow Closures and Other Emergencies:
Emergency closure information will be broadcast on radio and television as early as possible. Call the WSU newsline at (313) 577-5345 or check for the latest information at www.wayne.edu.
Disruptive or Distressed Student Behavior:
If you encounter a student in a crisis situation, please call 911 and notify the Oakland Center main office immediately. If the student is not in crisis but is showing signs of disruptive or distressed behavior, intervene sooner rather than later by submitting a Care Report to the Dean of Students Office (DOSO).
While many students seek help on their own, your interaction with students increases the likelihood that you will identify signs or behaviors of disruption or distress. For more information, read DOSO’s “Guide to Dealing with Disruptive and Distressed Individuals."